2019 Theory of Computing
Alex and Lena are involved in teaching COSC341 Theory of Computing.
Complete set of lectures (first half of the semester) is being continuously updated and will be finalised before the final exam. These slides do not have all the material delivered during the lectures. Yes, you are supposed to attend them.
- Lecture 1: Introduction
- Lecture 2: Sets, relations, functions
- Lecture 3: Cardinality
- Lecture 4: Finite state automata
- Lecture 5: Non-deterministic automata
- Lecture 6: NFA = DFA
- Lecture 7: Pumping Lemma
- Lecture 8: Pushdown automata and context free grammars
- Lecture 9: Regular languages
- Lecture 10: Classification of languages, Pumping Lemma 2
- Lectures 11-13: Turing Machines